REFLECTIVE QUESTIONS TO CONTEMPLATE AS YOU TURN THE PAGE
CLOSING THE BOOK ON 2020
- What did I embrace in 2020?
- What did I let go of in 2020?
- What changed for me in 2020?
- What did I discover about myself in 2020?
- What was I most grateful for in 2020?
- When did fear hold me back in 2020?
- Where did I demonstrate courage in 2020?
- What surprised me in 2020?
- What made me smile in 2020?
- What were my 3 most significant accomplishments in 2020? For each, list the following:
- The skills that helped me to make it happen
- How my life changed because of it
- What I learned about myself
- How did I celebrate/acknowledge (or, if I didn’t, how can I do it for future accomplishments)
- What were my 3 most significant challenges in 2020? There may be more than 3, use the ones that come to mind first. They may have tested my limits, my patience or may be big or small. For each, list the following:
- How did I deal with this challenge
- What new tools or allies did I uncover that I could use in the future
- How did my life change because of this challenge (even if it’s not yet concluded, what would feel good from the challenge in the end)
- What was my favorite moment of 2020? (Get in touch with the sights, smells, sounds, who was or wasn’t there, what was I doing, what made it amazing?)
- What were the gifts from 2020? What really stands out and mattered to me?
- Is there anything from 2020 that I need to still let go of, say goodbye to or forgive myself (or someone else for) or just need to empty onto the page?
Summarize 2020 in 3 words
OPENING TO THE STORY YET TO BE WRITTEN FOR 2021
- What am I looking forward to in 2021?
- What am I feeling apprehensive about for the year ahead?
- What life lessons am I taking into 2021?
- What area of my life do I most want to develop in 2021?
- What part of myself do I long to nurture in 2021?
- Fast forward to December 2021. I’m sitting in a café, musing over the last 12 months, where do I want to be …
- … in my work and wealth
- … in my relationships
- … in my free time and my sense of meaning
- … in my body and my home
- 3 unhelpful beliefs I’m ready to release
- 3 duties or commitments I’m ready to let go of
- 3 interests, skills or hobbies I’d like to learn or improve
- 3 things about myself I positively love
- 3 ways I could be kinder to my body this year
- 3 dreams to bring to life this year (personal or professional)
- How can I bring more of a sense of calm and grounding into my life this year?
- My secret wish for 2021 is …
My Blueprint for 2021:
This year will be the year I finally ….
I will nourish myself with …
I will make more time for …
I will recharge my batteries by …
I will open my heart to …
I will pay more attention to …
I will learn more about …
I will release my attachment to …
I will say no to …
I will say yes to …
And, because of this, in 2021, I will feel …
I fully believe in the possibilities that await me in 2021 and all that it holds for me.